At Donwood the care and protection of our Residents is at the centre of everything we do. We are living through the most unusual of circumstances and this has resulted in us having to make some tough decisions in the interests of all.
Donwood’s restrictions are in line with the Governments Regulations. We know how important it is to keep our Residents and Relatives together. Our restrictions are not just about today’s connections they are in place to continue connections for the long term. Although these physical restrictions are hard in the short term we need to focus on spending quality time with our loved ones in the months and years ahead. We have invested in virtual equipment and our connection pods to enable our families to continue to visit in the safes environment for all.
Together we will continue to provide the safest environment possible for our community and we ask you to ensure you comply with the following restrictions :
- Visitors who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Visitors who have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Visitors with a fever or symptoms of a respiratory illness
- Children 16 years and under, except in special circumstances, for example, where the aged care resident is in palliative care
- Visitors must have a 2020 Flu Vaccination – Donwood will provide you with an ID for verification
When Visiting Donwood :
- Visits should be short
- Visits should be conducted in a specific designated area which are our Connection Pods (not a communal space).
- Each resident may have no more than 2 visitors at one time per day, including doctors. These may be immediate social supports (family members, close friends) or professional service or advocacy.
- If you can’t visit a resident in aged care as often as you would like to there are other ways to keep in touch and stay connected. You can keep in touch by:
- phone calls – most residents have a direct phone line
- video calls – we have 20 Donwood iPads for video calls
- social communication apps
- sending a postcard, delivering gifts
- sharing photos, artwork, or short home videos
- send in a video via our Facebook messenger and we will share it with your loved one
All visitors must :
- provide details on their current health status to staff of the residential aged care facility
- be willing to undergo fever screening process prior to entry,
- wash their hands before entering the facility
- stay 1.5 metres away from residents
- have a current 2020 Flu Vaccination
- ALWAYS stay away when unwell
Should you have any question please feel free to contact us on 9845 8500 or email@example.com