The Aged Care Code of Visitation has not changed for Victoria and will be reviewed again on the 12th Jul, 2020 by the government authorities; however, we have some very exciting news from a Donwood perspective.
We are going to open the Café and Finlayson room for face to face visits.
Our Café will be fully operational, and we will have 6 tables available for two people to come and visit their loved one. The social distancing rules still apply at this stage, however as the Victorian restrictions are easing weekly, we hope to continue to ease our Donwood restrictions also. We plan to have this easing of restrictions for the next three weeks and if everything is still going well we will then look at opening up our home to have our external family and friends coming back into Donwood. (The easing of restrictions will be governed by the Victorian State legislation)
Tuesday 23rd June – Café and Finlayson Room opens to face to face visits
So what do you need to do?
- Book a Café or Connection Pod visit through Administration 9845 8500 Monday to Saturday 9am till 4pm.
- Ensure you have a 2020 Flu Vaccination – you will need to bring or send in proof of vaccination to be able to come into Donwood.
- Complete temperature check, question check and infection control measures on entry.
- Entrance to the café is via Main Reception.
- We are still restricted to children under 16 unable to attend an aged care facility.
We are very excited to have you all back. PLEASE remember we are still living in a COVID environment which can have severe consequences for our elderly community. We ask that you remain vigilant to ensure their safety and health remains our highest priority, especially with the increase in Victorian cases and the current post code lockdowns.
Anyone from the postcodes currently in lockdown will only be able to have connection pod visits provided that all other health checks are cleared with Administration.
Should you have any questions please feel free to speak with your care manager or Natasha.
Reception 03-9845 8500
Natasha 0407 61 99 00 or email@example.com